Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My 50 days in Chennai

…..
Before I started to Chennai itself many people mentioned…….no …rather warned me of Chennai. Most of them mentioned about the terrific climate , and others about the traffic and few about the people..

As always I gave a damn to them..and told these are the problems which u face anywhere in the world..:-) But ya..i was wrong.

The day I arrived I was put in a so called “guest house” opp.to my office.Ihad great hopes thinking of stay in a studio apartments or some place like that.But when my rickshaw stopped infront infront of Hotel Sangetha..That was just a beginning to my losing hopes and dreams..The room was crampy and it stinks like shit.Fortunately there was A/C and a TV.Two days there and I moved to Vineeth’s Place..
But the true nature of the people of this part of the world was/is experienced from the office.People are so conservative and they are allergic to Change.I was shocked when I was told that there wont be internet connection to me ,as by band doesn’t allow me to have one.Same is the case for direct-phone connection and even a visiting card…It sounds funny but yes that’s the reality.
Right from the day 1 I have been requesting/begging for a internet connection.Googling has become a part of my life and frankly I was so obsessed with it.These days net banking or online bill payments are not hi-fi..its just mere comfort and time saving...
I don’t know how can somebody live without internet these days..
Manager don’t even reply to emails or don’t have time to talk…Egoism at its best…
People cant think out of box or not willing accept change….

Don’t know how far I will stay here…

No comments: